ago6 days ago
As part of our community-based learning project, we require a committed and enthusiastic tutor to teach Key Stage 4 Maths to a group of children in Huddersfield (HD1 area). 1 hour of your time will be required every Saturday morning.
As a tutor you will be required to:
- Manage a group of students attending classes at our learning centre
- Plan lessons based on the students’ requirements
- Prepare your classroom with any materials and/or equipment you require before the lesson commences
- Deliver lessons to the group as well as provide individual support to the students
- Leave all classrooms clean and tidy
- Provide ad hoc support to other teachers (if and when necessary)
- Ensure your subject knowledge is current and up-to-date.
The duration for which your assistance is required will very much depend on the requirements of the children. This may turn out to be a very short-term project (several weeks) or may be extended over a longer period (months) throughout the academic year.
1. Competitive hourly rate.
2. An opportunity to work with children in your area and provide benefit to the community.
3. Gain valuable teaching experience in a classroom environment.
4. Add value to your CV.
1. A valid portable CRB/DBS (less than 3 years old).
2. Teaching experience of some kind is essential.
3. Must have good working knowledge of the subject you wish to teach.
4. PGCE students are welcome to apply.
How to apply:
1. Contact us and quote job code HD-M4.
- Open until position filled.
- Proposed start date: ASAP
Please only apply if you are able to commit at least 1 hour of your time every Saturday. Thank you.
EducateFirst has pioneered a community-based learning initiative to help support local school children with their educational needs. Support is offered in the form of Saturday tuition classes in learning centres across West Yorkshire (Leeds, Huddersfield, Bradford and Dewsbury). Private home tuition is also available. Striving to help students achieve the grades they need to lay the foundations for their further education or future career.
Nimber is a community delivery service that matches items being sent with travellers going the same way. You post what you'd like to buy, and we notify bringers who travel that route. When someone can help they will make you an offer.
Once you receive an offer, arrange pickup and delivery times with the bringer, accept the offer and wait for your items to arrive at your door.
Your card is never charged until your item has been successfully delivered, and there is no cost for posting a request.