ago20 days ago
We are currently recruiting for a part time Special Needs Educational Needs (SEN) Nursery Practitioners to join Little Rockets Childcare, Langney. We pride ourselves on employee care and career development; as such we offer in house training, uniform and ongoing support with your role.
We are looking for experienced practitioners who have Level 2/3 in childcare, Experience of working on a 1:1basis is desirable as well as experience of children with additional needs, who is passionate about child care/development and ensuring each child’s safety is a priority at all times. This role will be working with a SEN child on a 1:1 basis supporting the development of the child you are working with.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the 1:1 care of the individual child to support their Setting Based Support Plan (SBSP) and to liaise with the Room manager on a daily basis
• Responsible to work with the behavior management, equal opportunities and SEN representative to ensure the child’s needs are met
• Writing and updating the SBSP and liaising with the relevant representatives and Nursery Manager
• Keep colleagues informed and disclose relevant updates with regards to continual progress of children on a 1:1 support programme
• Work closely with external professionals or agencies involved with the family support of the child you are providing 1:1 care for
• Work with the Nursery Manager and key assessor on site to ensure that staff have sufficient training in SEN needs
• Ensure you are up to date with the latest strategies and techniques to support behavior issues and work closely with the family to find out key triggers and interests for the child
• Assist with proving a safe environment – role model to colleagues, assisting with daily, weekly and monthly checks.
• Ensure you understand all policies and procedures
• Contribute to staff meetings
. give good feedback to all parents.
Nimber is a community delivery service that matches items being sent with travellers going the same way. You post what you'd like to buy, and we notify bringers who travel that route. When someone can help they will make you an offer.
Once you receive an offer, arrange pickup and delivery times with the bringer, accept the offer and wait for your items to arrive at your door.
Your card is never charged until your item has been successfully delivered, and there is no cost for posting a request.