ago17 days ago
Our client is a steadily expanding company specialising in the manufacture of electronic equipment. They are actively looking for a candidate to work in their newly refurbished offices in Croydon with free parking and excellent public transport links. They offer an excellent salary and
• 24 days' holiday plus standard bank holidays
• Free parking
• Performance bonus - paid twice per year, entirely based on company and individual performance.
They are looking for candidate's with -
• Previous procurement/senior buyer experience
• Background in the manufacturing industry
• Proactive attitude, and ability to build relationships with customers.
To work in a team of 3 people currently - Purchasing Manager, and 2 other Purchasing Coordinators.
They are a family-run business, with a real culture of support and ambition. The company headcount has grown by twenty people since September.
Main Purpose of the role:
To have responsibility for ensuring products are ordered in line with business needs, new products sourced as required, Supplier Pricing and sourcing to ensure prices are kept to a minimum whilst not effecting quality or supply of products and Suppliers are monitored and evaluated to ensure they deliver on time and in full according to production needs.
Knowledge & skills
• To have good level of written and spoken English
• Minimum GCSE level (or equivalent) in English and Maths
• Competent computer skills using Microsoft Office programs
• Experience of Sage Line 50 advantageous
• Proven experience in Procurement or senior buyer position
• Experience of working in a manufacturing company
• Able to demonstrate concentration, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Able to prioritise and manage a busy workload.
• Highly organised and work to a high output level.
• Excellent Problem solving skills
• Willing to acquire new skills and challenge yourself
• Proactive and self-starting
We have a full, comprehensive job description which we will discuss and supply to candidates - email click to contact asap with your details/CVto find out more
Nimber is a community delivery service that matches items being sent with travellers going the same way. You post what you'd like to buy, and we notify bringers who travel that route. When someone can help they will make you an offer.
Once you receive an offer, arrange pickup and delivery times with the bringer, accept the offer and wait for your items to arrive at your door.
Your card is never charged until your item has been successfully delivered, and there is no cost for posting a request.