Jigsaw Trust are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic professional cook to join our busy team at our onsite Café within Dunsfold Park. The Café is part of a social enterprise working towards bringing together the busy onsite cafe and a learning centre for adults and children with autism and other disabilities.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of the enterprise by designing and delivering fresh and tasty daily menus, whilst developing the outside catering services and supporting learning opportunities. This role would suit a confident catering college leaver, professional cook or aspiring chef.
ABOUT JIGSAW TRUST:
Café on the Park is a not for profit business owned by Jigsaw Trust (Charity No. 1075464). The aim of Jigsaw Trust is to improve the lives of those affected by autism through the provision of high quality, accessible, educational, vocational and well-being services. The Café enables our learners to undertake real work experience opportunities and develop valuable life skills in a caring and supportive environment.
- Prepare and serve freshly cooked dishes, light meals and snacks on a ‘cook to order’ basis.
- Develop menu dishes and ideas.
- Work with Cafe staff to provide opportunities for our adult learners.
- Ensure kitchen operates efficiently and effectively.
- Comply with and implement all Health & Safety and Food Hygiene regulations.
- Work closely with the Café Manager in day-to-day operational requirements of the Café.
- Proven/demonstrable cooking and baking skills in a commercial kitchen.
- Excellent understanding of wide range of cooking methods.
- Good level of spoken English.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Appropriate qualification in Food Safety & Hygiene eg. CIEH Level 2 Minimum NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Professional Cookery.
- Motivated and hard working with the ability to use own initiative.
- Confident and customer focused.
- Experience of interaction with individuals with autism.
- Patience and the desire to help others learn.
Working hours are 40 hours per week, from Monday to Friday, 7am to 3pm. No shift, evening or weekend work is required!
Starting salary is £18,000 per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package.
23 days holiday and 8 statutory bank holidays per annum.
To view a full job description an to apply for this exciting opportunity, please apply directly with an application form through the Jigsaw School careers website.
If you have any questions or require any further information please contact the HR team by email or telephone .
Jigsaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All positions will require an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and proof of qualifications.
Nimber is a community delivery service that matches items being sent with travellers going the same way. You post what you'd like to buy, and we notify bringers who travel that route. When someone can help they will make you an offer.
Once you receive an offer, arrange pickup and delivery times with the bringer, accept the offer and wait for your items to arrive at your door.
Your card is never charged until your item has been successfully delivered, and there is no cost for posting a request.