We need volunteers to assist our retail shop in Bognor Regis on a Monday or Friday afternoon.
Chestnut Tree House is a children’s charity providing hospice care services and community support for children and young people with progressive life-shortening conditions throughout East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove and South East Hampshire.
If you are passionate about helping to make a difference through giving your time, enjoy interacting with customers and can identify good quality clothes and items, then this is the role for you.
The role will involve:
- Serving customers and using the computerised till to take payments for purchases
- Sorting donated stock, clothing and bric-a-brac
- Recording donor details for gift-aid
- Using an iron or hand press appliance on donated clothes
- Assisting the shop manager with any other task to keep the shop running efficiently
Volunteers can either do one shift of a morning or afternoon, or several shifts if you wish.
The shop is located at 3 London Road, Bognor Regis, PO21 1PQ
Nimber is a community delivery service that matches items being sent with travellers going the same way. You post what you'd like to buy, and we notify bringers who travel that route. When someone can help they will make you an offer.
Once you receive an offer, arrange pickup and delivery times with the bringer, accept the offer and wait for your items to arrive at your door.
Your card is never charged until your item has been successfully delivered, and there is no cost for posting a request.