ago14 days ago
Rehabilitation Community Support Worker
£8.77 per hour plus benefits
Hours: 21 hour or 28 hour contract available
Are you looking for a rewarding new position in social care?
We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic Part-Time Support Worker to work in our busy acquired brain injury community services based in Horsham.
This is a 24 hour running community house which accommodates 4 service users who have acquired brain injury and require 1:1 support.
As a Rehabilitation Support Worker, you will provide support to the service users appropriate to their individual needs ensuring they lead a full and valued life as well as enabling service users to participate and contribute to the local community.
Rehabilitation Support Worker Duties & Responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain professional relationships with the service users
• Facilitate daily routines including personal care
• Participate in the development of service users support plans, risk assessments and programmes
• Accompany service users with activities as and when required
• To assist and support service users including attending appointments and promoting health styles
• Provide 1:1 support to the service user(s) when required and with confidence
You will receive:
• Weekend enhancement rate and bank holiday rate of an extra £1 per hour
• Free Parking
• Annual leave
• Support to achieve qualifications
Previous experience of working within a care environment would be useful but not essential as full training and induction is provided including NVQ/QCF opportunities.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be resilient, positive and enthusiastic as well as having excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
For this position, you will need to hold a full drivers licence and access to your own vehicle.
Shifts: 08:00am – 15:00pm, 15:00pm – 22:00pm, 08:00am – 22:00pm plus sleeps ins on a rotating basis
This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check. The Disabilities Trust is an equal opportunities employer and recognises that having a diverse workforce enhances the support given to people who use our services.
ago14 days ago