ago8 days ago
We are recruiting for a Waking Night Support Worker for an independent specialist school and college based in Brighton.
The client works with learners who have complex learning disabilities including some learners who may have difficulties resulting from behavioural, emotional and social issues, Autistic Spectrum Condition, Asperger’s Syndrome, and Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome. Students may attend on a residential, day, full or part time basis.
Your main objectives as a Night Support Worker will be to:
• Remain awake and alert at all time in order to ensure the safety of the students.
• Promote the rights of residents to be treated with dignity and respect in every aspect of their lives.
• Assist residents with self-care independence skills including eating, drinking, washing, bathing, using the toilet or managing incontinence, dressing and undressing, mobility and transport, getting up and going to bed, and the administration of medication.
• Update the residents’ care files ensuring all information is accurate and maintained.
• Monitor residents who have additional medical and health needs.
• Participate with the other staff members in the assessment, development, implementation and review of placement/care plans for residents.
• Help with the practical running of the residents’ accommodation, promoting hygiene and cleanliness in all areas of the house, assisting in washing up and laundry as part of the residents’ independent living skills.
• Carry out security checks on the premises at regular intervals.
• Keep the kitchen and communal areas clean and tidy. Laundry, washing, drying and ironing.
• Keep an accurate record of all activity and log ready for handover in the morning.
• Communicate with the day staff and handover appropriately for the day ahead.
You must be willing to undertake personal/intimate tasks when necessary.
You must be understanding, non judgmental and be committed to working with young people with learning disadvantages.
Due to the location of this establishment you will need to be a car owner.
Experience is a similar setting ideal but not essential.
Salary and holiday entitlement is dependent on how many days per week you work.
If you’d like to know more please get int touch for an initial discussion.
ago8 days ago