Creating Affective Leaflets and Flyers
Using the time tested method of leaflet and flyer advertising is possibly the easiest and most cost efficient way to generate new business. Despite the growing online advertising community, print advertising still has its advantages, including: low production costs, greater advertising space and the ability to directly target potential customers. However there is a right and wrong way to go print advertising, which is why we have created this guide to creating affective leaflets and flyers.
• When writing your copy, use short, attention grabbing headlines. Long sentences are boring and can discourage potential customers from reading about your product or services. Incorporate keywords such as ‘FREE’, ‘SAVE’ and ‘EASY’.
• Incorporate images of the product or service you are offering to make the leaflets stand out and help your customers understand.
• Include testimonials in your advertising – this will show that you have established customers that are happy with your services.
• Choose paper that is suitable for the job – If you are advertising high end, luxury products or services then you’ll want to use a heavy weight paper, whereas light weight gloss paper would be better suited to less expensive products. If you are unsure of what paper best suits your needs, consult a printing specialist.
• Decide how you are going to distribute your leaflets and flyers. Distribution methods include: door-to-door, newspaper and magazine inserts, printed handouts and leaflet dispensers.
• Measure your response rate. If you receive a high level of business then repeat the leaflet and flyer campaign, but on a larger scale.
Your best bet is to contact a reputable printing company to discuss your needs and to get a quote. Most printers are very accommodating and can adapt to meet your needs.