ago18 days ago
• Based locally in Aboyne, serving Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen
• We provide professional chimney sweeping, stove servicing, and chimney inspections to make sure your stove is safe to use and works to the highest standard possible to keep your family safe and warm during the winter.
• We help you choose a reliable and efficient stove with a hearth that suits your home and give you the best options for creating a stylish fireplace. We install all types of wood burning stoves even if you don’t have an existing chimney.
• Jack’s Chimney sweeping services provide a high standard of service to all our customers, taking time to answer all your questions and making sure you are happy with your new fire and understand what is going to happen. Jack and his assistant work within a 50-mile radius of Aboyne. When sweeping your chimney, we always look to make sure it is clean and test it if needed. When we come we also inform you if we see anything unsafe and use our extensive knowledge to tell you of recommended improvements.
• We are highly recommended by our customers, with most of our business coming from referrals.
• Proudly serving a 50-mile radius around Aboyne
• When a customer emails or calls us, we'll take all of their details and come over as soon as possible. If we don’t pick up the phone, please email us at [email protected] with your full details.
• We provide a quality service: Sweeping or inspecting all types of chimneys, and servicing all types of wood burner stoves. We keep you safe from chimney fires by thoroughly sweeping your chimney with our wide range of equipment. Without regular cleaning your chimney will become thick with soot. Having your chimney cleaned before winter is advised, as there's less chance of the chimney catching fire. From November to march there are on average 32 chimney fires a day in the UK, sweeping your chimney regularly is the first step to preventing this. A clean chimney makes your appliance work much more efficiently and helps to prevent downdrafts pushing smoke into your room.
For a standard house our price of £55 +VAT per chimney.
cap and seal chimneys
• We use clay caps that vent the chimney to stop it getting damp and we seal the cap to stop water coming in.
• We have a wide range of cowls we supply and fit. Our most common Cowl is a downdraft cowl (which stops the smoke blowing into the house) made from German stainless steel which lasts 10 or more years compared to most other cowls which only last a couple of years.
• We mostly supply three basic colours of chimney pot: terracotta, buff & black. They come in the standard circle style, but if you would like a different style we can special order it for you.
Pointing chimney stacks
• It is important that your chimney stack has good pointing to prevent water getting into the liner and bringing tar into the fireplace. Water is one of the main causes for the liner getting rotten and rust on your appliance.
Lining and relining chimneys
• Flex liners for existing chimneys improve the performance of wood burning stoves by providing better draw and helps to stop large amounts of tar building in the chimney.
Servicing of wood burner stove