- While every endeavour will be made to meet the wishes of Advertisers, the Publisher does not guarantee the insertion, the position, or the colour of any particular advertisement.
- The Publisher does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused by (a) an error, inaccuracy or omission in the printing of the advertisement: (b) for any failure to publish an advertisement on the date or dates specified by the Advertiser: (c) for the publication of an advertisement on the date or dates specified by the Advertiser whether the actual date be earlier or later than the date or dates specified: and/or in respect of any loss or damage alleged to have arisen through delay in forwarding or omission to forward replies to Box Numbers to the Advertiser, however caused.
- The Publisher reserves the right to omit, suspend, or change the position of any advertisement, even if it has already been accepted for publication.
- The Publisher reserves the right to make any alteration it considers necessary or desirable in an advertisement and to require artwork or copy to be amended to meet its approval.
- The Advertiser shall be responsible for checking an advertisement on each occasion that it is published. If the Company is shown to have made an error or inaccuracy in the insertion of or omission to insert any advertisement it shall make a refund or adjustment to the cost of the advertisement at a rate agreed between the Company and the Advertiser. No refund or adjustment will be made if the error or inaccuracy does not materially affect the cost or detract from the advertisement.
- Cancellation - The Publisher requires fourteen clear days notice in writing of cancellation, or reduction in the advertisement size, of any order or unexpired part of an order, or in the case of an advertisement which by reason of its position is chargeable at a premium rate, not less than twenty eight clear days notice before the insertion or the next insertion on payment of the difference (if any) between the rates for the series specified in the order and the usual price for the series of insertions which has appeared when the order is stopped.
- The Publisher reserves the right to require four clear days notice of cancellation of any order or unexpired part of an order, or in the case of an advertisement
which by reason of its position is chargeable at a premium rate, not less than twenty-eight clear days notice before the insertion or the next insertion on payment
of the difference (if any) between the rates for the series specified in the order and the usual price for the series of insertions which has appeared when the order is stopped.
- The Publisher reserves the right to increase advertisement rates at any time or to amend the terms of contract as regards space or frequency of insertion. In such event the Advertiser has the option of cancelling the balance of the contract without surcharge. If the Advertiser cancels the balance of a contract, except in the circumstances stated all unearned series discounts will be surcharged. The Publisher reserves the right of surcharge in the event of insertions not being completed within the contractual period.
- Credit accounts are strictly nett and unless by prior agreement will be pre-paid. Where credit agreement exists our terms are that our account must be settled within 28 days of the date of the advertisement. If the account is overdue, the Publisher reserves the right to suspend insertions.
- The Advertiser/Advertising Agency agrees to indemnify the Publisher in respect of all costs, damages, or other charges falling upon the newspaper as the result of legal actions or threatened legal actions arising from the publication of the advertisement, or any one or more of the series of advertisements, published in accordance with the copy instructions supplied to the newspaper in pursuance of the Advertiser's/Advertising Agency's order. In any case where a claim is made against the newspaper or the newspaper is used in litigation the Advertiser/Advertising Agency may ultimately be liable under the terms hereof, notice in writing shall be given to the Advertiser/Advertising Agency, and consultation shall take place before any expense is incurred or the claim is settled or the case is defended or otherwise disposed of.
- Copy must be supplied without application from the Publisher. In the event of copy instructions not being received by the copy date the Publisher reserves the right to repeat copy last used. The Publisher cannot accept changes in dates of insertion unless these are confirmed in writing in time for the change to be made. The Publisher reserves the right to charge for any additional expense involved in such changes.
- The placing of an order for the insertion of an advertisement shall amount to an acceptance of the above conditions and any conditions stipulated on an Agency's order form or elsewhere by an Agency or an Advertiser shall be void insofar as they are in conflict with them.
- Lineage advertisements must be pre-paid and refunds on cancellation are not given.
- The Business Advertisement (Disclosure) Order 1977 requires all advertisements by people who seek to sell goods, in the course of a business, to make that fact clear. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to comply with the above Order by using the word TRADE or Capital 'T'.
- Marriage and Engagement Notices must be authorised in writing by both parties to the Engagement or Marriage.
- Friday-Ad reserves the right to publish advertisements in any of it's other publications.
- Refunds cannot be given on cancellations of advertisements which have already been published in any of our publications or on our Internet Web site.
- Please note that telephone calls to and from Friday-Ad are monitored and recorded. Recordings may be accessed for training, security and dispute resolution purposes.
- We reserve the right to apply Privacy numbers to any free ad we print in our printed publications or on any Friday Media Group websites.
To help give our advertisers additional response, here at Friday-Ad, we randomly select some free online ads to be published in our Friday-Ad printed editions. When free ads appear in print, they will automatically have a privacy number assigned to them to protect your privacy.
FRIDAY-AD LTD, LONDON ROAD, SAYERS COMMON, WEST SUSSEX, BN6 9HS
The Publishers of Friday-Ad cannot accept responsibility for monies sent to advertisers in response to mail order advertisements. Readers would be advised to check the authenticity of an advertiser before parting with money.
Access to and use of this site ('Friday-Ad.co.uk') is provided by Friday-Ad Group Ltd subject to the following terms:
By using Friday-Ad.co.uk you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of Friday-Ad.co.uk. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use Friday-Ad.co.uk.
Friday-Ad Group Ltd may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Friday-Ad. Your continued use of Friday-Ad.co.uk after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of Friday-Ad.co.uk
You may not copy, reproduce, re-publish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Friday-Ad.co.uk content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Friday-Ad.co.uk content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Friday-Ad content requires the prior written permission of Friday-Ad Group Ltd.
You agree to use Friday-Ad.co.uk only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use of Friday-Ad.co.uk. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing, causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within Friday-Ad.co.uk.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Friday-Ad.co.uk content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Friday-Ad Group Ltd and/or Friday-Ad.co.uk, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Under no circumstances will Friday-Ad Group and/or Friday-Ad.co.uk be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Friday-Ad.co.uk regardless of the form of action.
Friday-Ad Group Ltd does not warrant that functions contained in Friday-Ad.co.uk content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Friday-Ad.co.uk or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
The names, images and logos identifying Friday-Ad Group Ltd, Friday-Ad.co.uk or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Friday-Ad Group Ltd and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of Friday-Ad Group Ltd, Friday-Ad.co.uk, or any other third party.
Contributions to Friday-Ad.co.uk
Further to the above paragraph, by submitting your contribution to Friday-Ad.co.uk, you:
i) warrant that your contribution;
ii) is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Friday-Ad Group for all the purposes specified above;
iii) is not defamatory; and
iv) does not infringe any law; and
v) indemnify Friday-Ad Group Ltd against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Friday-Ad Group Ltd as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
vi) waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on Friday-Ad.co.uk and the purposes specified above.
Friday-Ad.co.uk Submission Rules
You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to Friday-Ad via the Place An Ad facility or otherwise. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to Friday-Ad.co.uk or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on Friday-Ad.co.uk, and Friday-Ad Group Ltd considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, Friday-Ad Group Ltd may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
Friday-Ad Group Ltd reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any advertiser, at any time, for any reason.
If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on any Friday-Ad Group information, then the latter shall prevail.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Friday-Ad Group Ltd